Sunday 23 January 2011

Model Envy: Paris Presents Fall 11'

*PINNED- POSTS CONTINUE BELOW*



1.6. Thierry Mugler| super stylist Nicola Formichetti's debut as creative director, it wasn't a quiet arrival, this show offered a decent balance of fashion escapism with wearability. Through fire and punch leathers, slouchy trousers (made a similar purchase yesterday). Veils, masks and tattoos. Moments of tangerine as seen at Bottega Veneta , Jil Sander et al in Milan Mixed reviews, I'm functioning on nothing atm I'll be back, sure I'll have more to say. TBC... *almost a day later and speaking to a hair stylist from the show, still middle of the road with this collection, s'ok*


7.12. Yohji Yamamoto| THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS DESIGNER! Mute massacre!! ease shades with red penetrations. The oversized slouchy trousers and light styling create effortless outfits that makes me want to sell my family in order to have everything. This is the reason why I work in fashion. Also I'm a protestor for models being varied on runways, I fully understand that sample sizes make the industry "easier" from model agencies and designers to editorials and stylists BUT (a big Minaj but) a show is much more interesting and inclusive with different shapes and faces AND Yohji showed this. FREE THE RUNWAY!


13.17. Givenchy| Started nearly 2 hours late due to power failure but worth the wait. Riccardo reinvented Riccardo. Wild dogs, the signature shorts and tights. Cholo rock! Tan and black, fur, leather and laces... up to the knee! 7-18 = Me all hippie and then all dark mystery. Touch that and let it burn whilst you smile. BANG!

19.21. Dries Van Noten| "I wanted to be glamorous without being feminine" 22.23. Walter Van Beirendonck| Black boys stand up! 24. Dior Homme| Minimal long lines in darker shades with injections of red. Highlight for me are the wide brimmed hats. Safe to say this is trend for fall, I was ahead. It all starts on the streets!


25.26 John Galliano| casual right? the thing is I firmly believe (like most creatives) this is his reality, ever changing and wondering. It's escapism for the more conservative eye. Broken down the said conservative man could wear a pair of trousers or a jacket but Galliano is a showman and his over layered then exposed, purposely shabby, leather and embroidered showings for fall teamed with his execution of makinf his shows a short film give you a greater appreciation for the garments presented. Not many designers would include sweat as a feature on a garment whilst showing in Paris (TREND ALERT, sweat's free! and now luxury!) ALSO no other designer milks the runway in their "bow of appreciation" like John the frustrated model. 27.28 Paul Smith| 29.30 Lanvin|

Images courtesy of Style. Numbered by me.

No comments: